Get Job Ready!
The requirements below are all standard requirements for working in the Disability sector. So whether you are applying for a job with CSBS or another organisation, ensuring you are ‘job ready’ will help to make you a more suitable candidate.
A Worker Orientation Module called ‘Quality, Safety and You’ will assist all NDIS workers to better support people with disability.
It takes approximately 90 minutes to complete the four modules. Once completed, workers will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Make sure you keep this Certificate of Completion safe as you can provide it when you apply for a position.
You can access the online learning module here
First Aid & CPR Certificates
If you work in a direct support role, it is typical that you will require current First Aid & CPR Certificates and you will need to provide evidence of these when applying for a position.
Certifications to condsider:
HLTAID003 – Provide CPR & First Aid
HLTAID001 – Provide CPR
10735NAT – Provide Disability First Aid
Many Support Workers complete courses to gain more in depth knowledge about providing support to People with a Disability.
Some of these include:
- Certificate IV in Disability
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (WSC)
Disability Services screens and issues NDIS worker screening clearances for people providing NDIS supports and services.
- assesses whether a person who works—or seeks to work—with people with disability poses an unacceptable risk to them
- determines whether a person is cleared for or excluded from working in certain roles with people with disability.
A Blue Card (Working with Children Check) is a requirement for anyone working with children.
The blue card check:
- assesses the eligibility of a person who works or seeks to work (including volunteering) with children or young people in regulated work in Queensland
- is more than a police check and looks at a charge or conviction for any offence in Australia, even if no conviction was recorded.
You must have this card PRIOR to starting work.
How to get your NDIS WSC & Blue Card
The most cost effective option is to apply for a NDIS Worker Screening Clearance with a Blue Card Exemption. Adding on the Blue Card to this application costs approximately $10 more.
You can do this online here